Sunday, December 05, 2010

Not Completely Disappointed

The business climate being what it is I don't fly as much as l have in years past, but l still get off the ground once in a while.  Currently at O'Hare (ORD) on my way to Atlanta and saw something interesting... There's a little sign as you wait on line to go through security advising that the X-ray machine will not harm film up to EI800, but if you desire a hand-check it's no problem, just ask.

In the not too distant good old days, if you wanted a hand check they insisted you remove all of the film from the packaging and they'd swab each cassette individually, which could take hours.  I began FedExing my film to the location a day ahead of time to avoid delays (not that there was any assurance the film wouldn't be X-rayed by FedEx) but now that l'm off film completely and 100% digital... now TSA is completely accommodating.

To add insult to injury, nobody asked to body-scan or frisk me.  I spent a lifetime cultivating a public image based on Oscar The Grouch and l'm not suspicious enough for them any more?

Well, at least my flight is delayed, so l'm not completely disappointed.

( Sent from my iPad)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well considering that very few people these days are using film - I guess they feel they can be more 'accomodating' now as it won't cost them too much time and effort?

"I spent a lifetime cultivating a public image based on Oscar The Grouch and l'm not suspicious enough for them any more?"

LOL

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home