Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, 2008

CHICAGO IL - Today, September 11th, this September 11th, is the first September 11th that I haven't spent in New York City since 2001. As a New Yorker, I get an empty feeling, remembering the shock of that day. I don't know if it's the same for everyone... New Yorkers, I mean... I don't really discuss that with the rest. Actually, we talk about it... where we were, how we heard... but I'm not sure we discuss it. Maybe it's because we don't need to, maybe it's because we do but I just don't want to do it. I don't know.

Other people talk about September 11th. People, here in Chicago, in other places too, who haven't experienced it. I don't know that they really understand what we in New York (or those in Washington) went through. I haven't lived here very long, but I suspect it'll be a while before the feeling that I'm missing something passes. It may be a very long while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home