Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring, It's Imus In The Morning!!

Quite surprised to see that MSNBC has cancelled its television simulcast of Imus In The Morning. Whether one applauds, or is repulsed by, Don Imus and the remarks he made about the Rutgers University Womens Basketball Team, let's face it... Don Imus has been making scandalous remarks about anyone and everyone for the past thirty years. That's what NBC originally hired him to do, I'm suprised that they've now cancelled his show. Why didn't NBC cancel Imus In The Morning in 1975?

I recall first listening to Imus In The Morning on "WNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnBC" (AM) during my morning commute to my first job after college in the spring of 1975. He was outrageous then, he's outrageous now, I don't see anything but consistency in his broadcasts since day one. That NBC fails to stand behind him now is an outrage. What ever happened to free speech?

Don Imus is a commedian and a satirist and nothing's changed in all these years, except the strength of NBC's spine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

I too have listened to, enjoyed, sometimes even gasped at Don Imus since his 70s radio days - I will sorely miss his antics.

You final line in this blog post is dead on and I'm not sure how often my TV will promote that station anytime in the future.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home