Monday, May 28, 2007

From The Mouths Of Babes

This afternoon, while taking a break from the ninety degree heat in the cool, air-conditioned, refuge that passes for my office, I was preparing files for inclusion in a presentation I'll be doing at the Apple Store in New York City (SoHo) next month.

Making the most of the two weeks ahead, I'm scanning, resizing, dropping into PowerPoint, rearranging, etc, etc.... making sure I look professional when I make the scene at "Station A," as the Apple Store is called. "Station A" is an old post office on the corner of Prince & Greene Streets in SoHo. As Mark Holechek, neighbor and sometime client, reflected: "Hey! That was my post office when my office was on Broadway and Houston. Remember?"

Well, anyway, back to my story. Alex was getting bored with the nineteenth re-run of Sponge Bob Square Pants and he left the television to come over and see what I was doing. He caught me manipulating an image in Photoshop and (as if a lightbulb lit inside his head) started bugging me to show him how to use curves and adjustment layers. He's nine years old and already a digital guru (I continue to struggle!!).

I dragged him up on to my lap and we sat there together in my chair, using a third rate reject image as canon fodder for the myriad special effects we were trying..... and we came up with this. Hmmmm.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He's nine years old and already a digital guru (I continue to struggle!!)."



Amazing, isn't it, how kids have such a natural aptitude for all things digital.

I know an artist whose website, and internet business is managed by her 12 year old.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home