Sunday, September 03, 2006

Home At Last!

Well, all moved in! Actually been here for a week but I took the time to set-up properly before getting sidetracked by the Internet... just been keeping a low profile except for minimal personal correspondence.

Actually, the packing was the most difficult part. I got rid of a lot of stuff I had lying around, like color lab labels. Haven't used any of those since going digital a year ago. Bunch of other stuff too, trying to put my pack-rat days behind me.

The move itself was actually pretty smooth. Jeff Beckett hooked me up with his friend Aquil who arrived with his crew and two trucks last Saturday morning at 8:15 AM. They had me out of the old place and completely in the new place by 9:30 AM... yep, an hour and fifteen minutes. I was stunned.

Murphy's Law be damned... nothing broken, nothing lost or left in the trucks. Out and in, clean, in under two hours. Unbelievable!!!

Got the desks set-up, the computer stuff unpacked, hooked-up to my new DSL line without so much as a hiccup. Fax machine’s working too. I’m so amazed it was all without incident, the potential was certainly there.

Tomorrow’s Labor Day. Gonna spend it with my children. Tuesday it’s back to work. I’ll post a couple of pictures of the new space in the next couple of days.

Hope you all had a great summer!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not hard when you're not leaving the zip code!
Good luck in the new digs.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Joe P. said...

Really? I think it's torture. Maybe it's just that I hate moving, although for all the work it's quite liberating, hence the picture.

Thanks for your good wishes!!

JP

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home