Thursday, April 03, 2008

etc, etc, eclectic

eclectic
adjective
an eclectic mix of party music wide-ranging, broad-based, extensive, comprehensive, encyclopedic; varied, diverse, all-embracing, multifaceted, multifarious, heterogeneous, miscellaneous, assorted.

It's been brought to my attention that in my Blogger profile I omitted Van Morrison from my list of favorite music. Shiiiit! (as they say in Texas), I've got two iPods!

Yeah, Van Morrison too, I wasn't going to list everyone... Elvis P, Elvis C, Stones, Johnny Cash, Roseanne Cash, Hank, Hank Jr, Waylon Jennings, Shooter Jennings, Cross-Canadian Ragweed, George Jones, Beau Brummels, Steve Earle, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Alice Cooper, Frank Sinatra, Milton Nascimento, Ray Charles, Carole King, Al Green, Aretha Franklin, Allman Bros, BTO, Bad Co, Badfinger, Bananarama, The Band, The Bangles, Beach Boys, Warren Zevon, Zombies, Dave Mason, Dave Matthews, Dave Clark, David Bowie, Deep Purple, CSN&Y, Turtles, Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton, U2, Tommy James & The Shondells (I'm free-associating now), Travelling Wilburys, Temptations, Steely Dan (big-time!), Stevie Nicks, Stevie Wonder, Sly Stone (I'm on a roll), Searchers, Sheryl Crow, Sam The Sham & The Pharohs, Dixie Chicks, Donovan, Donna Summer (some), Dusty Springfield, Diana Krall, Diana Ross, Flaco Jiménez, Rodney Crowell, Animals/War, Los Lobos, Merle Haggard, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, Gary US Bonds, Gin Blossoms (!), John Hiatt, John Cougar, John Prine, John Lennon, Johnny Paycheck, Johnny Rivers, Joe Jackson, Joe Cocker, Joe Tex, Joe South, Marvelettes, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, did I mention Joni Mitchell? Little Richard? Loggins & Messina? Weird Al Yancovic? ...I'll spare you the rest of my musical favorites.

Oh... don't forget Pink Floyd! ...or King Harvest, The Kinks, Kris Kristofferson, Zeppelin, Linkin Park, Lyle Lovett, Donovan, The Monkees, Neil Diamond, Vanilla Fudge, Van Halen, oh c'mon.

Did I mention I used to play in a band?

Boston, Billy Joe Shaver, Billy Joel, Billie Holiday, etc, etc, etc, enough already!!

My list of Favorite Movies isn't complete either.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see Sly Stone on your list. Check out my book about Sly at http://www.lulu.com/content/1412956

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jen from Chicago said...

Joe, is there any musician you don't like out there? That's the more important question.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Joe P. said...

I usually change the station when Dr Hook & The Medicine Show comes on. Ditto for Hootie & The Blowfish.

Still like Wazmo Nariz though.

Joe P

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home