Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pay The Writers!

CHICAGO IL -
I see the screenwriters are still on strike, they went out a few months ago in protest over the studios' refusal to pay for Internet broadcast rights, etc, etc. My friend Mark Beckelman sent me a video at the outset which really pointedly sums-up the writers' complaint, even though it was made some time before the current issue was thrust into the fore by the strike.

The video is an interview with a writer, Harlan Ellison, who's written scores of screenplays and some 70+ novels and other stories. In this video Ellison carps about Warner Brothers' refusal to pay him for an interview that they wanted to distribute..... well, I'll let him tell it.

The most interesting part, for me, is that if you substitute the word photographer for the word writer, you'd have hit on one of my pet peeves.

As the writers' strike is no longer front-page news, here's a little bit to remind you that we're all in the same boat. Pay the writers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home