Saturday, June 10, 2006

Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog.

I'm not really sure why I'm here. There was a thread on PhotoPro regrding using blogs as marketing tools, seems a lot of people are, especially wedding shooters. Well, I don't shoot weddings... actually, I did, once, my very first professional job, I'll never do it again!! (I'll tell the story later, promise) Just the same, I have a lot to say and no other place to say it so... I'm in the blog biz now. How about that?

I didn't know what else to call this blog so, "Eat At Joe's" is what I'm calling it.

What's it about? I don't know. Jerry Seinfeld had a network sitcom and when they asked him what his show would be about he looked the network exec square in the eye and told the truth: "It's gonna be a television show about nothing." Well, me too. Here I'm going to have a lot to say about nothing, except the 'nothing' that I'm going to talk about is going to be photography related, and likely more the business of photography than my photography business, but you never know.

Who am I? What do I know? I have a sort of official biography and you can find it on my web site, pobereskin.com

If you don't feel like surfing over there, here it is.....

Joseph Pobereskin was born in New York City in 1953 and became interested in photography at age twelve. He was educated at the Fashion Institute of Technology (New York) and through various apprenticeships, gaining expertise in several disciplines. While his photographic interests cover a broad spectrum, he specializes in Advertising and Corporate/Industrial photography for top-level clients, and his work has been published in more than 50 countries. In addition to his work making images, Mr. Pobereskin has been active in the photographic community advocating for photographers' interests. He currently serves as President of ASMP's New Jersey Chapter and is a founder of Stock Artists Alliance, a trade association which promotes the interests of producers of Rights Managed stock photography. Mr. Pobereskin lives near New York City, in Maplewood, NJ.

There you go. Now you know what I think my qualifications are. I'll put up some links to some of the stuff I've mentioned and you can look around. While you do that, I'm going to organize my thoughts and, hopefully, have something meaningful to say in a very short while (or a little longer).


------------------

05/11/2010 Update: A lot has changed in almost four years. I've moved from the east coast to the mid-west (Chicago), I'm now a national director of ASMP, I've had four years of blogging experience and I've come to an important decision re Eat At Joe's: Anyone may comment on my blog posts. I welcome other voices, value other points of view, I might learn something from you (and that's the point, isn't it? That we learn from each other?) But I will no longer publish comments from those using pseudonyms or handles. You must sign your real name and I must be able to verify your identity. Thank you for your co-operation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home